Hang Toi, the Dark Cave, so called, not because of the lack of light, but because of the dark stone within. This tour will pickup from Hue / Dong Hoi city or Phong Nha by mini van. You will do kayak on Chay River to explore the Dark cave with some basic instruction of team leader in a beautiful and rustic village
We also provide you headlight and specialized equipment, you can have wonderful experience of taking the adventurous tour to discover Dark Cave, swimming in the cool water of Thuy Tien lake inside the cave and taking mud bathing, very cool. Get to start now
Explore Dark cave and Kayak, Zipline on Chay river (1 day)
- Duration: 13 hours
- Pickup from: Hue/ Dong Hoi/ Phong Nha – End: Phong Nha/ Dong Hoi/ Hue
- Price: 42 usd /person for group tour ( Pick up & Drop off from Hue/ Dong Hoi)
39 usd/ person for group tour ( Pick up & Drop off from Phong Nha village) ( Minimum: 2 persons)
- Price: 104 usd /person for private tour ( Pick up & Drop off from Hue) ( Minimum: 2 persons)
The 10km-long Chay River is an estuary of Son River with a gentle stream flow, pure water and many species of endemic fishes like Cyprinus centralus, Cyprinus sp, Chela quangbinhensis and Hemibagrus vietnamensis. Chay River hides itself in Phong Nha forests with the Vom Cave system like Thien Duong Cave (Paradise Cave), Me Bong Con Cave and Toi Cave (Dark Cave), etc.
Hang Toi (Dark Cave) was discovered in the years of anti-America resistance war by local people and used as a bomb shelter. This cave is a branch of Phong Nha cave system with 5,558m long and 80m high; the entry of cave is 30m high and 10m wide with heavy forest around the cave mouth. Hang Toi has a primitive beauty with thousands of several spectacular stalagmite and stalactites. This is a shelter of many species of animals like bat and swift, especially, Ha Tinh langur – one of primate species listed in the Vietnam Red Data Book. Especially, Mr. L.Deharveng, a Russian scientist, on January 9th 1995, collected, discovered and proclaimed a specimen of a species of new crab (called Nemoron nomas) in Dark Cave. This specimen is now being kept in the Museum of Zoology, the National University of Singapore.
In the morning: 6.30AM. The bus and tourist guide pick up guest at Hue City. Depart for Paradise cave, stip at La Vang Hollyland and pass DMZ of Quang Tri, the Macnamara electronic line, 17th parallel, Ben Hai river, Hien Luong bridge.
Have lunch at the restaurant at Xuan Son town
In the afternoon: The bus pick up guest at Zipline Center:
– Fly like a bird gliding over the spectacular mountains and river in the exploration of Dark Cave.
– Explore the Dark Cave with specialized equipment, swim in the clear and fresh Thuy Tien Lake. Soak in the mud as a ealth therapy.
– Kayak in the romantic Chay river, float along with many intersting games in the river.
– Santo a sectaccula landing in the river and get ready for the new challenge.
– Back Hue about 7:30 – 8:00 PM. Tour the End!
- Bus (A/C)
- Safety equipment for the cave tour.
- Kayak, Zipline to Dark Cave, ” Bathing” Zipline.
- English speaking guide
- Water bottle and towel on bus ( 02 bottles/ day/ pax)
- Tourist Insurance
- Breakfast, dinner
- Personal expenses and things not above mentioned
Clips and photos:
Watch more clips at our channel